- To enhance the professional expertise and status of Registrars and to improve the quality of administration and financial management in WA State Schools.
- To create a fellowship of those engaged as Registrars which will foster advancement in administrative and financial management, thought and practice.
- To set before itself and the community the ethics of high professional responsibility and to provide a catalyst for workplace flexibility and reform.
- To organize and conduct regular meetings, conferences, forums and seminars for the advancement of Registrars and professional development of Registrars.
Agreed Further Aims
- That references in Constitutional Aims to “Registrar” should include all members of WASSRA.
- To promote collaborative relationships with DOE and other professional associations.
WASSRA Strategic Planning Overview Aims
- Raise members’ awareness of WASSRA
- Maintain communication with Department of Education, Regional Offices and WAPPA (WA Primary Principals’ Association)
- Promote Professional Development in conjunction within the designated Area.
- Promote a network of members within the designated Area.
- Yearly planner of events including weekend workshops, one-day workshops, acquisition/enhancement of new skills.
- Develop Guidelines for Area Co-coordinators.
- Renew membership/Join
- Get involved: Volunteer to speak, write articles, share ideas, offer peer support, research, join committees, ask questions, suggest new procedures, and develop own skills
Foundations for the Future
On March 30 and 31, 2012 members of the Management Committee and Regional Cell Coordinators met for a two day workshop to develop a Strategic Plan for WASSRA for the future of our Association. Practical suggestions to assist Registrars and School Officers in schools were also formulated for presentation to the Department.
Three goals for the Strategic Plan 2012-2015 were set:
- To attract and retain members and develop a robust framework for networking and professional development
- To improve communication and raise the profile of WASSRA
- To develop a strong business foundation and build key strategic partnerships
Naturally these goals will not happen overnight – a great deal of planning and preparation is involved, and changes will need to be implemented to make these goals a reality.
If you are having a networking day or session you would like a WASSRA Management Committee person to attend, or would like to discuss an issue, please contact the President and we can organise a date and time.
This is an exciting and challenging year for WASSRA and the future of our Association. In our rapidly changing working environment we need to change as well if we are to be an effective Association for all members.
I ask for your full support to make the new WASSRA a reality – if you haven’t already done so please submit your membership and pass onto Registrars and School Officers who you know are not members.
Please email any of the Management Committee if you have any ideas, suggestions, questions or need help or advice.